Thursday 16 June 2011

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in place Gel Eyeliners.

Here we have the new Estee Lauder Gel Eyeliners. There are five in total (3 perm, 2 LE) and I was kindly sent the Limited Edition shades; Stay Bronze and Stay Violet, to have a play with.
I don't have a great deal of experience with gel eyeliner. I'm not very good at applying it, so have tended to shy away from it. I was pretty nervous when i first saw them, but I had a go nonetheless, and I am very impressed. I love the bronze/brown which has a bit of gold shimmer running through it, but I love the violet/purple better as it accentuates my green eyes. Both are incredibly pigmented, soft (but not too soft) and have a satin like finish. They are totally smudge proof and it is claimed that they last up to 15 hours! I apply my makeup at 9am and take it off at around 8pm, so not quite 15 hours but it was still firmly there when I removed my eye makeup. I definitely need more practice - hence no pictures of my shoddy application, doing them no justice. I'm hoping to master the technique and then wearing them with a little bit of the Estee Lauder 'Pink Pearl' shadowcreme on my lids. Perfect, stay in place summer eyes :)
Stay Violet - Stay Bronze

You can purchase these two shades along with; Stay Onyx, Stay Coffee, and Stay Midnight (sounds gorgeous!!!) from Estee Lauder or Estee Lauder counters nationwide. They are £15.50 each.

xx
(As I stated in the post, these items were sent to me for free. All opinions are my OWN and are 100% honest. x)

7 comments:

  1. Aww I love the Stay Bronze one. I nipped into Boots today for my Double Wear which I love, I could have had a goosey gander at these while I was there. Not that I'd have bought them seen as I don't have the funds. Sad face. Ahh well, at least I get my fix from these pictures.
    Oh btw, congratulations on your 1000 followers! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are great...They have a depth to them which I really like.

    On my next spending spree I might get the Purple too.

    Thank you

    Emma x.x.x

    I have put you as one of my fav blogs to read on my blog... emmadazzle.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shades, I <3 purple too, best for greeny eyes :)

    Having used them do you think they'll be quite easy to get used to? Cos I'm thinking of switching from my fail-safe liquid eye-liner into more experimental grounds!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like some of the Estee Lauder stuff :) Lovely review and swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice colours with a nice shimmer too them but not TOO much. I only ever wear black myself however and am so in love with MAC fluidline I don't know if I'd ever bother try a different one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the stay bronze is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stay violet one is lovely, I might pop in after payday for a wee look, I love metallicy satin pots like this xx

    ReplyDelete