Wednesday 15 June 2011

Review: Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish - Hot Cloth Cleanser

I have been using the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot cloth cleanser for a while now, so I thought it high time to chip in my two cents!

A little bit about the cleanser..

Cleanse & Polish is a concentrated cream which quickly removes everyday grime and makeup - including mascara! The pure muslin cloth gently exfoliates to remove dead skin cells. Together they leaves all skin types looking a feeling clear, soft, smooth and simply healthier. Naturally active ingredients include; Chamomile, toning hops, stimulating rosemary and purifying eucalyptus oil.

I was kindly sent a starter kit which includes a 100ml sized cleanse & polish and two muslin cloths. £13.25

My thoughts

I have pretty oily skin and tend to avoid anything rich in texture, so when I first pumped this on to my hand, I won't lie - I was worried that I would wake up covered in spots! (this has happened before!) I used it anyway, and oh my gosh, I loved it almost instantly. It smells GORGEOUS! Really fresh and herbally, the eucalyptus really comes through.

To use, you pump 1 'blob' on to clean hands and massage into your dry face. I'm not sure how long you're supposed to do this for but I personally sit on the edge of the bath for about 5 minutes massaging my face, breathing in that gorgeous smell! I like to start on my cheeks, work round my face, down my neck and then to the eyes, because remember this removes mascara (and it really does remove all mascara!). Do your eyes first and you're going to look like you've just stuck your head in a coal bunker!

You then fill your sink with warm/hot water, take one of the muslin cloths which have been specifically designed to gently exfoliate skin and lift away dead skill cells and impurities, and in circular motions gently remove the cleanser. I like to fold my cloth into four, and gently remove the cleanser turning the muslin cloth over as I go along. Once every last scrap is off ofmy face, my skin feels squeaky clean, incredibly soft and brighter! I have always had dull looking skin, but this product has definitely helped to rectify that issue.
Now I have used the Cleanse and Polish I can totally understand why people rave about it so much. Truly fantastic product! Since receiving the Cleanse and Polish I have gone on to order a trio of them from QVC. I managed to get it on easypay too!! :) I will definitely be trying more from the range soon.

You can purchase this starter kit here

Thoroughly recommend!

Thank you for reading
xx

6 comments:

  1. Will definitely be trying this out.
    I tend to have dryer skin on my face, do you think it will have a similar effect on me?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 minutes? I only use mine for about 2 minutes, oops. I should probably give my face a bit more attention! I had really dry, flaky skin before using this and will never go back. Now my skin has changed to normal/combination which I secretly though it was underneath all the dryness. I couldn't be any happier with the results :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Hannah - Yes I should imagine so. It's suitable for all skin types. My mum has been using some it and loves it too! x

    @Soph. hahaha! Yep, sometimes longer!! i love the smell and feel haha. No i won't either - fab product. Glad you like it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely going to have to give this ago as i was worried about it with my oily skin and getting clogged, hope to get a starter soon :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone loves this! I really want to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great description of how you use it - has inspired me to get mine out again and persevere! x

    ReplyDelete