I'm sure you've all heard of minx? Well I really want my nails 'wrapped' by them but a/ there is nowhere near me that does minx, and b/ it's about £30-40! Pretty expensive in my books.
Well, I spotted some nail wraps in Boots today, made by Nails Inc. As I have had nothing to do this afternoon, I purchased a packet to tide me over until BGT. They were quite cheap too - £7.99!
Here's the result...
You get 24 wraps- enough for a a set or hands and feet with a few spare!
The instructions are printed on the back and are pretty straight forward;
- Remove nail polish and push back cuticles with hoof stick.
- File nails to desired shape.
- Gently buff nails to remove any surface shine
- Select nail wrap which is the closest size to your nail. Trim if need be.
- Heat the wrap for a few seconds with a hair dryer on a gentle heat. The wrap should start to soften and bend.
- Carefully place the wrap on the nail starting at the cuticle edge (colour side facing up), applying firm pressure, push the wrap onto one side of the nail and then to the other until the whole wrap is neatly applied to the nail.
- Re-apply heat for a few seconds and push firmly over the entire nail for a secure fit.
- Trim the end of the wrap and then file the excess in a downward motion either using a glass file or a wooden file with very fine grain.
I found it quite simple to do, although I didn't use the correct sizes because I was worried about the 'shaping' part, because of this I have tiny bits of bare nail showing on the sides of some nails. I definitely need more practice, I have little bits of creasing here and there. I will get better at it though, and when I do I will post them again :)
Thank you for reading