Monday 30 May 2011

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-place Shadow-Cremes.

Along with the lovely palette I showed you a few days ago, I was also sent four gorgeous Double Wear Stay- in- place Shadow -cremes to have a play with.
There are a total of 9 NEW shades (4 are limited edition) that can be worn alone if your in a hurry- just slick it or and go! Or you can use them as a base to compliment an eyeshadow of a similar colour. I use them as bases, with a similar colour on top. It really makes your eyeshadows  much more vibrant and helps them to stay put!

The four I was kindly sent are;
Pink pearl
 Smokey twilight (LE)
 Gold dust (LE)
 Smokey Plum.
All four are really gorgeous shades, but for me Pink Pearl and Smokey Twilight are my absolute favourites! I have used pink pearl every single day since I got it. All four are really creamy, blend beautifully and most importantly don't crease on me - which I always worry about. Estee Lauder state that they will not; crease, fade, streak or change colour in heat or humidity. Now I can't test all these things out, but I can say my eyeshadow looks exactly the same when I take it off in the evening as it did when I first applied it. I also applied them on the back of my hand and went the whole day, cleaning, washing up etc and they genuinely did not budge - I think that is a pretty good test of their staying power because we don't clean up with our eyes do we?! I also wet my hand and scrubbed them 6 or so hours after I put them on my hand (pic below) and again they didn't budge.
The nine new continuous shades are; Golden Sands, Pink Pearl, Mochachino, Smokey Plum and Midnight Kohl. And the four new, limited edition shades are; Gold dust, Buttercream, Cafe Au Lait and Smokey Twilight.

I am really interested in checking out Mochachino, Buttercream and Cafe Au Lait!

These shades are available to buy at Estee Lauder and counters nationwide from today - 30th May! Priced at £15.50 each. They are also Ophthalmologist-tested and fragrance free.

What are your views on Creme shadows?

Thank you for reading
xx


(As I stated in the post, these items were sent to me for free. All opinions are my OWN and are 100% honest. x)

14 comments:

  1. pink pearl looks amazing! well they all do but that one especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look lovely, especially pink pearl - although it is quite similar to a cream eyeshadow by Benefit.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. o0o! Those are pretty! They remind me of the big bounce shadows from MAC's Flighty collection. I really want to try these out!! Thanks for the review.

    -Dinah
    http://dgsbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look really lovely - like the look of the Smokey Twilight and Pink Pearl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i defo have to pick up Smokey twilight! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so gorgeous, i am yet to try them but i want to get one to try now xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're all so lovely. Smokey Plum is probably my favourite. :)

    http://www.hopelessdaters.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smokey Twilight is my favourite. And I can't believe how much they didn't budge in your last pic - that's fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Gold Dust its gorgeous, lovely review x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pink Pearl and Gold Dust! I need those in my life!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. thsoe colors are gorgeous and the staying power seems amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous colours, really pretty for spring & summer

    beautybarista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete